Bologna Italy Children’s Book Fair Illustrators Exhibition 2021
From December 18, 2021 (Sat) to January 23, 2022 (Sun)
Title: Bologna Italy Children’s Book Fair Illustrators Exhibition 2021
Period: Saturday, December 18, 2021 to Sunday, January 23, 2022
Open: 10:00am to 6:00pm (Last admission 5:30pm)
Closed: Mondays except January 10
Year-end and new year holidays; December 29 to January 3,January 11
Venue: Art Museum & Library, Ota (Exhibition room 1, 2 and the slope)
Admission Fees: Adults 500(*400)yen
*For group of 20 people or over, Library card holders, “Fratto Ryomo Tobu Free Pass” holders
※Free for the age 65 or over, the age of 18 or younger, Disability certificate holders and their one accompany.
※Free for families accompanying children age of 15 or under on Sunday, 9 and 16 January.
Please cooperate the followings to prevent the expansion of covid-19.
• Admission may be restricted so that the exhibition room is not overcrowded.
• If you are planning to visit the museum as a group, please be sure to contact us in advance.
• Please refrain from visiting if you are not feeling well.
• when you come to the museum, please cooperate in wearing a mask and thoroughly disinfecting your hands.
• It may be changed or canceled depending on the infection status.
We are to exhibit the winning works of the competition for picture book illustrations organized by the “Bologna Children’s Book Fair”, an international trade fair specializing in children’s books, in Bologna, Italy.
Illustrators can apply their 5 original illustrations as a set regardless whether it has been published or not, this competition has been considered as a gateway for fledgling illustrators.
76 artists from 23 countries and regions including Japan were selected in 2021.
Please take a look at the unique and attractive works drawn by various techniques.
Enjoy both picture books and original illustrations at our museum that holds more than 16,000 children’s books from 60 countries around the world.